Become a Volunteer with RAW
By becoming a volunteer or member of RAW you have an opportunity to be part of a truly local, passionate grass roots organisation, giving something to our community.
RAW is an organic organisation and we value our volunteers to be self-motivated. Thanks to the effects, passions and dedication of our volunteers we continue to provide an enjoyable, relaxing and supportive garden space for members of our community.
Our volunteers play an integral role with supporting community events, market stalls, planting and working bee days and upkeep and maintenance with the garden.
• You’ll be doing something you’re passionate about.
• You could learn new skills, or add to the ones you already have.
• You could meet like-minded people, from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• You’ll have the opportunity to network and learn more about your local community.
• You’ll be working towards a caring and supportive community.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone 18 years or over can volunteer. Special consideration may be made for volunteers aged between 16-18 years. Please contact us.
We are currently seeking volunteers to help with the garden upkeep and general maintenance during garden open hours:
Tuesday: 10am - 3pm
Sunday: 11am - 2pm
Interested… please contact: email@example.com, we look forward to your continued support.
Principles of Volunteering
RAW is proud to have adopted the principles of volunteering created by Volunteering Australia in relation to our work with volunteers. Volunteering;
• benefits the community and the volunteer,
• work is unpaid,
• is always a matter of choice,
• is not compulsorily undertaken to receive pensions or government allowances,
• is a legitimate way in which citizens can participate in the activities of their community,
• is a vehicle for individuals or groups to address human, environmental and social needs,
• is an activity performed in the not for profit sector only,
• is not a substitute for paid work,
• respects the rights, dignity and culture of others, and
• promotes human rights and equality.